Nestled in southwest Colorado, Ouray is a small county with a limited population. Unlike big cities like New York, this is like a small getaway, and it feels different even for a state like Colorado. Regardless of whether you are an adrenaline junkie or someone who likes to explore nature, Ouray is for you. For honeymooners, staying at top hotels like https://ouraychaletinn.com/ makes the experience even better. If you are looking for things to do here in the county, we have an amazing guide that you need to try.
- Start with Animas Forks Ghost Town. Located close to Silverton, Colorado, this town was once popular in early 1900s. For those who have never walked around a ghost town, this is what they need to explore on a casual day. You can rent a car to here in summer and explore the area, which now is home to abandoned buildings.
- Head to The Bear Creek Basin. If hiking is something you enjoy, head to the Bear Creek Basin, where you can find trails of all kinds. Some of the buildings and known mines are along the way, and you will actually enjoy the location amidst the mountains. The Bear Creek Basin is pretty popular, so you can always ask around.
- Don’t miss Box Canyon Falls Park. Canyon lovers will enjoy the beauty of the famed Box Canyon Falls Park. The waterfall has a stunning drop, and no matter from where you get the views, it’s magical. The good thing is you can check many trails here, and some are really difficult, so ask around first. The park also has a visitor’s center than you can check.
- Ouray Brewery. There are many things to do in Ouray, but you need to seriously make time for Ouray Brewery, where you can find craft beers beyond compare. The Ouray Brewery is located in the center of the town, and the ambience is super cool. What’s more? The staff is really friendly, and can guide on the best things on the menu.
- Ouray County Museum. If history is what excites you, head to Ouray County Museum, which is located in a building that was St. Joseph’s Miner’s Hospital once. There is so much to learn about the county., and you will also find stories about the tribes from North America, who lived in the area once upon a time.
Check online for the best hotels in Ouray now and get the bookings done!